Your LG TV may ask you how to change the input if you lost your remote recently or if it stopped working. Video games can also be played using this feature.
LG TVs feature two methods for changing input without a remote control: either the ThinQ app can be downloaded or the TV’s edge buttons can be pressed manually. Keep reading to learn how each of these works.
How to change input on LG TVs using LG ThinQ
Your TV can be controlled without a remote control when you download the LG ThinQ app. The app is free to download. For Android users, the app is available on the Google Play Store, and for iPhone users it is available on the App Store. In order to use this feature, you will need an LG Smart TV.
Follow these steps to connect the app to your TV:
- The LG TV will now be on.
- Use the same Wi-Fi network to connect your TV and phone.
- You will be able to open the app.
- Click the “+” button at the top of the screen.
- Whenever you see the “OK” prompt, tap it.
- Here you can find home appliances
- Go to the TV menu and select it.
- Let me wait a moment.
- You can watch TV at your convenience.
- Use the TV screen to verify the information in the app.
- Press the “Move to Home” button.
You will feel as if you are holding the TV remote when the LG ThinQ app is paired with your TV. You can access your TV’s settings by tapping the house icon in the app. Change the settings as necessary.
Also read: How To Connect Non-Smart TV To WiFi
How to change the input manually on LG TVs
You can still manually adjust the input if you do not have a smart LG TV (or do not want to download the app). The steps are as follows:
- You can watch TV.
- Your TV’s power button is located on the bottom.
- You should push the button toward you.
- Scrolling sideways will reveal options at the bottom of the screen.
- Let go of the button when you have chosen your input.
By pressing and holding the button without pulling it toward you, you cannot turn off the TV.
When you follow the above instructions, you will be able to access all the options of your TV. Press the button but don’t hold it down until you’re ready to choose.
Also read: How To Connect TV To WiFi Without Remote
Is it possible to change the input on my LG TV?
Smart TVs are equipped with the ability to access Amazon Prime, Netflix, and other applications without using an external device (for example, a Firestick). You probably have a smart TV if you purchased your LG TV within the last few years. In most cases, you can’t change the input using the LG app unless your TV is smart.
For those who did not succeed with the above steps, consider these troubleshooting steps:
Your phone and TV should be connected to the same wireless network
“How do I connect my TV to the internet if the remote is not working?” In this case, you will need to use a USB mouse to access the TV’s settings. Follow these steps:
- TVs typically have USB ports on the back or side.
- The USB drive should be connected.
- Press the power button on the TV to access its input.
- The mouse should be connected to the computer.
- You will need to wait a few seconds after selecting “Live TV”.
- Click “Recommended” on the right-hand side.
- Click “Yes” to accept the alert.
- You will be able to connect to your wireless network using your credentials.
The ThinQ app is now available on LG TVs.
Also read: How to Connect LG TV to WiFi without Remote
Update the app to the latest version
You can update your apps and Google Play Store. In the absence of the latest version, you may not be able to use LG ThinQ apps on your smart TV.
Your TV’s power button should be checked
When your power button breaks, you may not be able to move forward or change input on your TV. Your warranty might cover the problem if it’s a factory defect. The warranty is valid for TVs bought within the last year.
Force the app to close
The LG ThinQ app can be force-quit and then relaunched if it isn’t working. Some phones allow you to force-quit apps.
If you own an Android device, you can do the following:
- Click on the settings link.
- “Apps” will appear.
- Choose LG ThinQ from the App store.
- To force a stop, select “Force Stop.”
Users of the Apple iPhone:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- In the center of the screen, pause the video.
- You can find the app by swiping right.
- You can start by swiping up.
You can relaunch the app and change the input on your TV by following the above instructions.
Also read: How To Turn On Bluetooth On Hisense Smart TV
The LG ThinQ app lets you turn your phone into a remote control when you don’t have a remote control for your TV: either using the power button to select the input or using the power button to switch inputs on your LG TV.